Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Bears--Got Enough Pistol?? >

Bears--Got Enough Pistol??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bears--Got Enough Pistol??

Old 12-28-2021, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

after the opening post, mr BB immediately posted 3 lengthy posts which were all over the map as far as being on topic. Then after every other members posts he made another post explaining why they were wrong, He made 12 posts in all most of them telling about how much knowledge he has on the subject which goes directly against what most of us have witnessed in the woods. ya reckon he may have a credibility issue? BS posters likee him is why I do not post here much anymore!
Old 12-28-2021, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Elkman, I read the thread. When I started reading the thread, I wanted to tell about my New Ruger 44 mag but the thread quickly went to crap thanks to both of you guys. You attacked the guy for nothing. And RR, as much as I respect your knowledge, you helped attack the guy for no good reason. Who cares if he's a perfect poster. He's a good guy like so many of the other good guys that were ran off. You guys go ahead and enjoy what you're doing on a site that has about 14 regulars because you ran off everyone else. Who needs this crap.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Translation to your post above is nobody is allowed to disagree with you or even just post that they've had different experiences cause you'll get mad and take your ball home. Kind of what mrbb did. People had different experiences and disagreed. then he took his ball and went home. Same thing you're puffin up to do now.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

A lot of hijacking and squabbling going on in this topic. As the OP, what this topic was designed to do is elicit posts and experiences from people on what calibers of pistols worked for them on bear defense or even bear hunting. Not why you think somebody else's post was wrong or they don't know enough to post. If you have experience with a pistol and any kind of bear, I'd like to hear about it. If all you want to do is tell other members how they're wrong, then I don't. Your experience is your experience and is useful to hear about. I realize that a rifle or shotgun with slugs would be a better weapon platform for dealing with bears but that isn't what I asked. Anybody else have any experience with bears and pistols?