HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bears--Got Enough Pistol??
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 01:39 PM
elkman30
Nontypical Buck

I think we did this before. You posted a long couple of posts that go all over the map and then I posted something about the OP topic. You responded that I must have misunderstood you and missed stuff. I posted back about more specifics and it ended up in some kind of draw.

If you want to post some reference material on the OP topic, I will surely read it as this is an interesting subject. But if you're going to continue telling me about your anecdotal information gleaned from all of your contacts in the bear hunting and bear biology world, I'll respectfully pass. I'll give you the part about ammo choice since the OP article didn't state what type of ammo was used. If i were to guess, I'd say the lighter mainly CCW calibers (9mm, 357, 40 smith and 45) prolly used regular CCW carry ammo designed for people. Most of the people I know who carry 10mm's seem to favor the heavy stuff. I don't think there are any lightweight rounds in 41 or 44 mag but I'm sure you'll tell me if that's wrong. although any gun is better than no gun, after reading the article and thinking about the results, I think I'd prefer to carry a 10mm or one of the magnums with appropriate ammo.