HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Point Creep
Thread: Point Creep
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 01:51 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Yup your antelope hunt is typical of what happens with point creep. No points needed and after 10 years now takes 5. Most likely it didnt go up 1 point every 2 years. In all likelihood it did most of the rise in the last 2 or 3 years. You burned your points on a good hunt and may never catch up to the curve since you had to start over. The state still encourages you to apply but must know that you won't be able to hunt that same area again. The morality of the points system is flawed depending on the situation of the hunter. Reminds me of a Christmas present I got my wife about 30 years ago. I bought a set of custom made golf clubs for her about 3 weeks before Christmas. They needed to measure her up and then build the expensive clubs. I gave her the receipt in a card under the tree and a couple days later went down to the pro shop with her for the fitting. The place was dark and when we looked in it was empty. It took a while but I found out they closed up shop and declared bankruptcy. I paid close to a grand cash for the clubs and they took the money knowing I would never collect what I paid for. Points system rings a familiar bell at least to me.