HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm considering taking up air gunning for doves.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:35 PM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

I have not been hunting anything with a gun since my last thread here. I've had other endeavors. Lately, I've seen some exciting videos on YouTube on air gun hunting and now I'm really curious about it. I had not given much thought to air guns up until now. I feel an air gun could open up a lot of hunting opportunity doors for me and others too.

Air gunning doves and pigeons seems very popular in South Africa and Europe now for pest control. Is this sport picking up steam with North American hunters now?? I've tried posting this sort of thing in Oklahoma state-specific hunting forums but I can't seem to get any serious answers there as most people there seem to not be interested in hunting via an air gun. I gather that serious air gun hunting has not yet caught on full speed in some parts of America. Perhaps game laws have not yet caught up with the air gun in certain areas as well. Oklahoma is rather slow and old-fashioned in culture.

Videos like this give me the curiosity (the fat young South African chap in the video has an irritating boyish voice but seems to be an ace with an air gun):

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 10-28-2021 at 12:48 PM.