HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pitbulls for coon hunting
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 01:28 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fabio
Don't hit your dog. That's ******* advice.
It is different dog to dog and breed to breed. Some you just have to dominate or the only alternative is to put them down or lock them in a cage. When the breeding goes wrong you can end up with a man-eater and long drawn-out training is a recipe for disaster. You have to dominate them quick and then train from there. And the only way to do it is to kick their butts, Dogs are tough, but as long as you don't overdo it and injure them it may be the only way. I had a Rottweiler Beagle mix (Czech Bear Dog) that would pretty much eat you if he didn't know you. His only saving grace is he liked children. If he screwed up it could be life and death. I was his leader and disciplinarian and believe me he needed periodic reminders, the alternative was a catastrophe. He was a dope dog reject, he was rejected for being overly aggressive. Hell of a Hog dog, strong nose dog, good tracking instincts and would take on a whole sounder in a thicket. If you walked up on him and he didn't know you and you gave him a pet pet you'd be lucky to get your hand back.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 08-25-2021 at 01:31 PM.