HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dry fire...
Thread: Dry fire...
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 07:47 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

first off welcome to the site
and as for dry firing a bow, or X bow, doing so can do damages you cannot see to limbs and such( many times the damages are under things you cannot see, as in lamination, internal factors and such)
it can also cause the string and cables to become weak , stretch or??
and again in places you cannot see, this is why its so strongly advice NOT to do so and considered dangerous , ( over my yrs I have seen a few bow /and x bows come apart when one dry fired them, not a pretty picture and injuries typically happen)
there is a LOT of force and energy in a bow/ cross bow' from its limbs strings and cables, both when cocked and firing and before being cocked!

But as we all know accidents happen

NOW things you can consider doing??

One , would be contact the maker, and ask them there thoughts, explain to them , it showed all was cocked and then it went off , as if things were saying it was cocked, and all, it shouldn't have dry fired, that would be concerning to me some?
contacting them, they may ask you to ship it back to them to do a once over, as most OEM's are pretty scared of law suits if its a product issue!
OR they may just ask you to take to a authorized dealer to have inspected!
as they say safety first?
when X bows explode things go bad really FAST

if you DON"T want to do this/above

I guess if you wanted to just do yourself?
adding a new string wouldn;t be a terrible;e idea, there normally NOT so costly to replace, and can add a little peace of mind that string is all good

cables can be replaced too, but more costly maybe to do so!
and then limbs can be replaced and so on,
how far you want to take things will be a personal; deal, some feel safe with less some won't?
But contacting the OEM< would be the first thing I would do here if me,

other wise, its your call on what your OK with doing or NOT doing!