HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?
Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by NJGardener
I live in Springfield township New Jersey. In the middle of suburbia. I am not a hunter. I'm a gardener who is always trying new tactics to keep the deer out of my garden. In past years, the deer have been active early morning / near dusk, typical crepuscular activity. This year however, things are different. The deer have been out and coming right up and looking in my window in the middle of the day on 90° days rather than staying hunkered down. Why might this behavior be taking place? I have numerous photos I don't know if I'll be able to post them but I will try. Just curious if there's a reason that this is going on. They've destroyed my garden, eaten all my flowers both annual and perennial and have broken through my bay window.
I live in a semi rural area on the edge of several hundred acres of farm land that plant soybeans, wheat and corn and properties have small woods and wooded edge of fields. It is usual for me to see several deer in those fields almost every day during the day.