HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I found this video and couldn't help but sharing it.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:54 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
Those big deer are more common down south. They are also common in Oklahoma and Texas where there is farm land and domestic food deer have access to. I'm sure a Rhino liner will wash easily with a hose, brush and Tide powder. Stuff like gun cases and backpacks can be placed in the back seat of an extended cab or double cab to prevent blood-soiling or gear can be wrapped in the tarp to protect it.
also, a personal friend of mine owns 1500+ acres in eastern OK< and he shoots 200 lb deer on occasions, (some even heavier) but he's very selective on what he shoots and allows/manages his land to allow deer to get to 7-8 yrs old , which is WHY they can get to the weights above average!
so, larger deer can be had in any part or place , if one manages there land for them and has enough land to do so!

but given the sub species of deer in a location, is what truly limits there MAX weight potential , as give the same exact food
different sub species will always grow heavier and there northern sub species NOT southern one's!