Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
I found this video and couldn't help but sharing it. >

I found this video and couldn't help but sharing it.

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

I found this video and couldn't help but sharing it.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I'm not sure why the OP posted this in the Classified Section under Automotive. That's the wrong forum. Please post topics in the correct forum.
I've suggested automotive/ATV sections several times. They don't seem interested.

-Jake
Old 06-16-2021, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Joel just signed off on a a new long range forum in the Firearms section. He wanted to know if I had articles and material lined up for the new forum. I did through NoMercy448 and we now have a new forum. Instead of requesting the new forum in the Mod forum, I corresponded back and forth with Joel by PM. I agree with you on an Automotive/ATV forum. Let me know if you're going to pursue it again and I'll support it.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I thought that was a forum on discussing HUNTING VEHICLES. My old eyes must have missed the Classifieds part, sorry. I didn't think this site was about selling, buying or trading things. Perhaps there should be a board on vehicle discussions or would that fit in Gear? I saw AUTOMOTIVE and thought my thread fit there. Since this was about the questionable ways and equipment for transporting game on a truck, safe or unsafe, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical, I thought motor vehicles (automotive) would be pertinent.

Come to think of it, the off-topic board might have been a good fit for this thread.
The Classified section is designed to remove all of those for sale topics from the regular forums so they don't clog them up. Most spammers violate this rule and automatically get permabanned. Once in a while, somebody comes back to complain but it doesn't speak well of them when they cannot read and follow simple rules. Most of the time they didn't bother to even look at the rules. Very few ever come back from a permaban under the same screen name.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those big deer are more common down south.
As already noted, you have it backwards. Google "Bergmann's rule."
Old 06-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11
As already noted, you have it backwards. Google "Bergmann's rule."
yes... the further north (colder climate) the larger the body. Hanging ....I still hang my Vt deer from 3 to 5 days. I have a rubber non slip mat in the back of my truck. It keeps coolers and equipment from sliding. I have found if blood is left for a long time it will stain the mat. I just hose it all off after I take the deer out within a few days.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 06-16-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carcass display has been illegal in Kansas for at least 20yrs that I recall, certainly standing before I learned about it.

As I understand it, the original law was derived to cease the old practice of piking coyotes on fence lines surrounding cattle pastures - certainly not the best look for any civilized culture. But the law was adapted to include prohibition of display in transport as well, supposedly spurred by complaints about vehicles being parked in front of small town cafés with deer tied across the hood (although there really aren’t many days out of our winters here which truly allow for such a thing without spoiling meat).

Anyway...

This guy would have been pulled over and ticketed in Kansas, without question.

And yeah... “don’t wanna get blood in my truckbed” and “canvas might hold heat...” man, just quit while you’re ahead.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I think just laying the deer on the truck bare bed is the best best. No fabric to soil. Rhino liners will spray right out with soap and a garden hose. Yes, quit while I'm not too deep in the hole.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I think just laying the deer on the truck bare bed is the best best. No fabric to soil. Rhino liners will spray right out with soap and a garden hose. Yes, quit while I'm not too deep in the hole.
Too late, you can no longer reach the top of the hole.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

The chickens with choppers are lowering down the hoist into my hole to save this old cow. It's only too late when one is dead and buried in the hole. Nobody knew, nobody thunk it, nobody imagined...

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-17-2021 at 09:11 PM.