HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I found this video and couldn't help but sharing it.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:54 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

laying a deer on a bed liner will not hurt deer or truck at all
that's nonsense to worry abiout such things!

and many folks believe in aging a deer or like type animal after they shoot it
a lot comes down to beliefs and well, having the proper place to do so without worry of the meat spoiling

ME< I prefer to have my deer butchered as fast as I can, I don;'t try to race myself
but I also don't put things off to age them
never found any benefits for ME< to be aging deer

most of my deer are shot and butchered, freezer or vacuum sealed the same day/ of being killed!
that or the next day

I some times butcher my own deer, if not I have many friends that are butchers and will do so for me, so I am a little spoiled or just very lucky here on this and very happy at same time HAHA!
and a FYI< there isn't really any difference in HOW the taste of a deer is, between Female deer and or male deer from my experience

its more about how the animal lived(age can factor in but doesn't always) and how its killed, and how its handled after being dead, and then, one of the bigger parts IMO< is how its being cooked and prepared to be eaten!
so, unless your hunting FAWNS, there isn;t a HUGE difference in meat quality on average between a male or female deer!

and weights of deer don't always go by sex either
as a FACT, the heaviest ever recorded deer in PA. was a female deer with antlers!,
but typically an adult female deer will weight a LITTLE less than an averaged age male deer shot
, since most average male deer shot are not much more than 3 yrs old IF that!
so all them BIG 200+ lbs deer folks brag about, honestly are NOT very common
the average buck and average doe, typically are NOT that far apart in weight!