HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "bagging a nanny"
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:18 AM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Most states that issue sheep tags have that. But goat tags tend to be either sex because it can be pretty hard telling a billy from a nanny at 300 yards across a canyon. It can be done if you have a good spotting scope and time to observe the animal. The take a different body posture when urinating and billies tend to be solitary while nannies are usually in a group. However I have a friend that spotted, watched, stalked and shot a lone goat with good horns but it was still a nanny.

But like you I really am not sure what the OP is asking but that is something I have noticed on every post he has made.
Yes, I was making people guess as to what I was talking about on porpoise. The heading of my thread was supposed to be an odd humorous attention-grabber to keep things lighthearted here. Too much seriousness is a bore, bore, bore. I figured people understood a nanny was a female goat. My thread is basically about the preference for female big game for better table meat. A lot of my cheesy humor has been acquired from years of reading features in hunting and gun magazines.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-07-2021 at 10:34 AM.