HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dave Smith Decoys
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 06:48 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Dave Smith Decoys

Dave Smith Decoys are indestructible! On my latest hunt with a young man I coaxed 2 Longbeards in gun range who preceded to attack my DSD Jake!
I had coached thus young man how take a double and we both shot a Tom as each where trashing my Jake. With both birds down however the young man's Tom was not quite done in. The Toms head was right in back of my DSD Jake's tail. I knew another shot was needed rather than risk trying pin his head down. He looked like he was about to run at any second. So I unloaded my 3 inch 20 gage #5 winchester turkey load on his head knowing I was going to blow apart my Dave Smith Decoy. I'd much rather sacrifice my decoy and not let a wounded bird get away. The decoy took a direct hit at 12 yards!!! And to my amazement no ripped rubber. No open holes, no paint knocked off. It is hard to tell the decoy even took a shotgun blast other than its a new baby rattle if you shake it. A good ounce of copper plated shot rolling around inside that jake decoy. I'm impressed. My 7th year using these. My only touch up has been a soapy bath and some gloss nail polish to the eyes! Well worth the money hands down.
JW

Last edited by JW; 06-02-2021 at 06:52 AM.