HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pop can at 500 yards with a slingshot
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 06:59 AM
Olde NE Hunter
Spike

Since we are telling hunting stories I offer from another, more local, forum that I'm on a guy, screen name Catfish Steve, posted his experience in a duck bling. It's not me but I found it funny.

I was in a blind once at daybreak sitting next to a guy that had a Spanish double 10 ga. I'm not a duck hunter so I never saw the first flight of teal come screaming in, but he did. He stood up in the half-dark and double tapped that thing. I imagine that being in the USS Iowa during live fire could not have been a whole lot different than being in that blind at that moment. I actually felt the concussion blasts hit my chest. I swear the fire jumped out of the barrels at least 20 feet, headed right at the whistling flock. I fully expected a couple of those ducks to just burst into flames in mid-air. The birds were very low and his patterns hit the water about 40 yards out. It was very impressive. I think he could have easily sunk a bass boat at that distance with one barrel. I never asked to fire it.