HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pop can at 500 yards with a slingshot
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 06:21 PM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Just joking of course but I'd probably have just as much luck doing this as I would duplicating IdahoLewis' 1200 yard muzzy shot. I just want to see how many of you will look at this thread and keep the forum alive!
You made me look Bronko! As shooters we usually get a chance at seeing a few spectacular shots in our lifetimes, wether we made them, or someone else.

Here are a couple of short stories of My grandfather. It would be his Birthday today if he were stil alive (He was born April 27, 1912 in Sylva, North Carolina) Grandpa told me about a shot he made on a Rabbit MANY years ago, He had a little Beagle that was running the Rabbit in a Brushy Ditch line, Grandpa seen the Rabbit cross the Old rd WAY up ahead, 100 yards or a little more on a Steep Dirt Bank, Grandpa knew the little Dog was gonna stay on the Rabbit Track all the way and get WAY behind, So Grandpa decided to try and get the Dog to come out so he could get it Closer to the Rabbit, He pulled his little .22 Rifle up to his Hip, pointed toward the Steep Dirt Bank where the Rabbit was going up and Fired, He killed the Rabbit! TOTAL FLUKE deal

Grandpa was fishing the Big Skagit River for Steelhead MANY years ago, Nobody was catching anything, Pretty soon my Grandpa Hooked in to one, When he got it landed he realized that His Hook was in the Eye of another Hook that had been Broke off in the Fish’s Mouth, What is the Chances of that happening?