HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sausage conundrum
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 03:34 PM
i82much
Spike

Originally Posted by grouch55
I have made breakfast sausage for years, My own seasoning mix by the way, I always make my sausage in January, reason is to keep cold, I grind meat, then place out on deck to keep very cold, Then grind fat , place outside to keep very cold, not frozen mind you, then bring in about half of each, mix and season, put out on deck, mix and season remaining, lay out about 5 lbs on cookie sheet, flatten by hand to about 3/8 inch, then take a tin 1 cup measuring cup or something smaller, cut out patties like a cookie cutter, place patties on another cookie sheet, place in freezer for a few hours, after frozen place amount you wish into freezer bags, proceed with remaining, Keeping meat col,d is the key to safe venison, note if you can, I like to refrigerate seasoned ground meat overnight before pattying and freezing, Anything else I would be glad to be of assikstance
Thanks for the tips! Hoping to try some grinding for the first time tomorrow night, will see how it goes. I have a chunk of meat and a chunk of fat sitting inside my cold shop now, probably 35 degrees inside.

If all goes well, Thursday morning I’m having venison sausage for breakfast!