HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzleloader. Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 05:02 AM
idahoron
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnicholes
Hey everyone, I知 a duck and goose hunter from South Idaho. I知 also a deer and bear hunter. I am posting here because I知 debating on whether I should buy a muzzleloader or not. However, I知 not sure if it痴 worth it or not.

I have no experience whatsoever with muzzleloaders, so this is completely new to me.

My goal is to get experience with many different types of firearms, and then figure out what works best for me when I知 in the field hunting. I know how to use shotgun and rifle, but not muzzleloader and archery. These are the two I want to learn

Muzzleloaders are allowed in my state, but they have specific regulations. I値l have to look into that. Can someone give me advice? Is it worth it to get a muzzleloader? Any help will be appreciated, Jared
I am in Southern Idaho. I hunt almost 100% with a muzzleloader for big game. I have been hunting with them for 40 years. I have killed some pretty good animals with mine. That said our state F&G is not doing well with managing our state right now in my opinion.
A great gun to hunt Idaho with is a Knight MK85. I have a couple of them that I use from time to time on certain hunts. This rifle is Idaho legal.

I mostly use a more traditional rifle. Here are my Renegades.

This is my Hawken

Our laws for muzzleloader are not that hard to figure out. If you need help I would be glad to assist you with it.
Here are a few of the animals I have taken with mine.