HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help, need tracking tips white hair no blood
Old 11-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Sellis994
Spike

Default Help, need tracking tips white hair no blood

Went for an eveing muzzleloader hunt today. Sat all eveing about 2 miles back in some thick pines in my stand seen a few does but didnt have any clear shots. Got out my stand about 30 minutes before dark because I realized I didnt have my good light with me. On the way out I had a nice doe walk about 50 yards away and stop broadside. So I pulled up my gun and took the shot. Shot from the ground clearly and she was slightly elevated from me. so not looking at a "low exit wound scenario". Due to muzzleloader smoke I didnt see if she dropped, kicked or anything. Slowly approached the spot she was at and found a small, about the size of a quarter piece of white hair with a small piece of pin sized hide attached. Went back in after dark with a good light and found another bit of hair. Just hair no hide, about 10 feet to the left of where I found the first hair. And found no other sign. It suppose to rain like crazy tonight and tomorrow so bloods gonna be gone..if there even is any.whats my chances looking like. I'm praying it was a belly graze and she's gonna be fine. But tomorrow after work I'm going back for a grid search. Just wanted pointers on what to expect or look for