HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Put money into existing bow or save for new one
Old 11-03-2020, 09:15 AM
mtaylor1128
Spike

Default Put money into existing bow or save for new one

Hey all!

I have a 2005 Diamond Victory. It's a single cam bow. I'm a 28 1/2" draw length. I shoot 70lbs to make up a little for that. I have been bow hunting for most of my life but with a rifle. I have just in the last few years taken up bow hunting. I just tagged my first deer with my bow a few weekends ago. I'm now addicted lol.

I am very comfortable with my bow and shoot pretty tight groups. I am working on extending my range and learning more and more. Anyway, my question is... My bow is due to get re-strung. I would also like to upgrade my arrow rest. I'm looking at 150-200 bucks to sink into this bow which I do like and feel I shoot well, but I am curious if I should maybe just save the money and save for a newer mid-range bow. I can't afford a $1000 bow but was thinking maybe an upgrade on a bow would be better than sinking money into this one.

Is the technology from 2005 to the present better enough to invest in a new bow? Or since I like shooting the one that I have and I am confident with it should I just stick with it.

I know if I ask a bow shop they will say upgrade! That might be the best option but I thought I might pose the question here to see if I could get good feedback or maybe even some good questions I should be asking myself before I make that decision.

Thanks in advance.