HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting hunting story
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:14 AM
jnicholes
Fork Horn

Default Interesting hunting story

A while ago, I took my first male mallard. When I took it, I was complained at by some other people who were not hunters. They could’ve been anti-Hunter, they could’ve been just scared because of the gun shot, I don’t know. Yesterday, I called Idaho Fish and Game about the situation. Told them everything. They had me verify if the spot I was hunting was a legal hunting spot.

Using the the map of Lake Lowell, provided by the deer flat national wildlife refuge, showing the boundaries of hunting areas, I figured out I was in a legal spot.

I also was aiming nowhere near those people. If I was facing at 12 o’clock, the people would’ve been at 4 o’clock 150 yards away, and I was shooting a male mallard at 11 to 10 o’clock.

According to Idaho Fish and Game, I did everything safely, and I did everything legally.

They also gave me instructions on what to do if people start to harass me for hunting and calmly talking to them does not work.

So, it was an interesting situation. However, I handled it properly.

It just makes me a little mad that people get on my case for doing something that I have a legal right to do.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this story. It was an interesting situation, but I handled it well.

i’ll post a picture of the male mallard in a little bit.

Jared