HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 770
Thread: Remington 770
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 01:10 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
mrbb I guess I'm pretty lucky (other than being a southpaw) but just about every factory rifle feels good to me. Shotguns are a different story altogether but most rifles fit me good with a scope. The only exception to is are my Marlin 1895s. I have to raise the comb height for proper fit when using a scope.
this is maybe due to MOST makers build to ONE average persons size
so those larger or smaller are the one's that can fit issue's

I always used to see this in women and smaller kids or, very large/tall males

it also always made me wonder why so many rifle makers that would CLAIM to have a youth or woman's model l would never adjust for trigger length of pull,(from pistol grip to trigger, not OAL length of pull) just)
all they would ever do MOSTLY ALL< was cut some wood off the butt end of the stock, yet that never helps folks with smaller shorter arms and hands really
YES many adapted, but again, that isn;t having a gun that FITS you!
MOST of us older guys, I gather will ALL recall learning how to shoot a gun that DIDN"T fit them, be it a full sized 22, or even a shotgun,, if you watch this happen you will SEE folks wiggle and move about till they can GET sights on things,! its NOT nature pointing for them!
YES we can adapt and get better, but I again always wondered why so many are willing to over look GOOD fit, to buy what is popular!, I sold a LOT of guns over the yrs and see this countless times!
the WANT for something over powering the actual fit of things for them!and I seen some folks drop a BIG chunk of cash too
just like shotgun, and HANDGUNS<
when a GUN fits you JUST right, you will always shoot it better, than one that doesn't!
nature of the beast!

Last edited by mrbb; 09-10-2020 at 01:15 PM.