HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Manchurian Pheasants
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 12:34 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I always wondering WHY the PA game commission never just BUILD good pheasant habitat
I mean there are tons of PRIME pheasant states out there that have farmers that sue same farming practices there as they do in PA!
so I know its possible to have them , after all PA,,Game commission also OWNS the most land on the east coast of ANY state, so,. there IS tons of LAND to work with, or again money wasted on raising pen pheasants could have been spent to BUY better habitat land!
All I ever heard was pass the buck excuses!(when I used to go to meetings ans ask!)

as it sure seems like after spending many millions of dollars on pen raised birds, that money again could have MADE pheasant habitat! where they would have been able to maintain a healthy population!

I mean so many wardens and folks in the game commission already stated for yrs and yrs, that pen raised birds were Not a viable thing to be doing!
yet continued doing so for decades???
makes me wonder??
it was just wasted money , and NOW they want to SELL you a Pheasant permit if you want to kill the few thru throw out's or those that have made it from pheasants forever stockings and work?