HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Manchurian Pheasants
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:48 PM
Mason Brubaker
Spike

Default Manchurian Pheasants

Was reading up on Manchurian pheasants, and after seeing that they roosted in trees, made me think that they would be much better off being released than their game farmed for generations Ringneck counterparts. At our farm in center county we get 20 Ringnecks a year and we keep them penned up till they’re about 5 weeks old and then we open the door and let them acclimate to the outside conditions. Works great. Last year we had a raccoon wreak havoc and kill all but 7 and 2 roosters + 2 hens survived the winter (not that we had much of one). Both of them pulled off broods, and I chased an adult hen with her 6 half grown chicks yesterday. We are working on habitat projects out the valley from our farm and if anyone would want to either help out if you’re in the area, or anything else would be a big help. I have a gofundme set up because I’m sure many of you know, native grass seed is not cheap. Also, a big discovery for me.., plant bird food. Super cheap and comes up just like expensive seed. Make sure you get stuff with low amounts of cracked corn, as that is junk anyway. Anyways.., Thanks.