HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cellular Camera
Thread: Cellular Camera
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 04:19 AM
BOWHUNTERCOP
Nontypical Buck

Default Cellular Camera

've been doing research on these for the last month or so.....Picking the ear of many, and the people at both chasinggame.com and Herd360.com.......I was going to go with a Spypoint but researching they are hit and miss with many reporting flaws and customer service they all say is not good at all....Covert is good but for the money you can find better, Moultrie cams I have been using for years conventional trail cams without issues but their cellular cams I don't like the pictures and the service is more expensive then others. So it comes down to two different companies.

Spartan who makes the Go Cam, and upgraded Ghost Go Cam
and the
RidgeTec Lookout Dual

Picture quality day/night slight edge to Ridgetec
Videos without a doubt Ridgtec
trigger speed Ridgetec
over size Ridetec is slightly smaller
warranty is equal, both have great customer service
service price slightly better with Ridgetec, between the GhostCam, and LookOut the price for the camera from what I seen is just about equal
Ridgetec goes with both Verizon and AT&T sim cards, so you can choose, so what is best in your area, and like me when I put the camera out in Illinois I know Verizon service isn't good at all, I can switch to AT&T
The person who designed the software/programming for Spartan and Ridgetec is now Co-Owner of Ridgetec
Spartan get's the edge with security it has built in GPS, Ridgetec has a password security
Both have metal lock boxes for them and a python lock is available and I recommend both the box and lock, for peace of mind from thieves and bears, I use them with my conventional cameras
Both can be hooked up with a external battery and/or solar panel
Both can receive commands from your cell phone, you can also do the same with sending firmware updates thru your cell phone, change settings, both also send videos
Many websites including Trailcampro.com rated the Ridgetec Lookout as the best Cellular camera out

Best price for either the Spartan Go Cam and Ghost Go Cam, Ridgetec Lookout is found on Herd360.com, and the owner Mike is a very nice guy, answers all the questions that are asked. I think I will opt for the Ridgetec Lookout, he's out of stock in the camo, grey he has in stock...So I will wait for the camo.