HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Frankenfish
Thread: Frankenfish
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 12:18 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Moderators have received a complaint from a member not involved in the discussion. Gentlemen, you can discuss the issue; argue about it and even claim the other guy is wrong. But you can't call each other names, insult the other guy's intelligence, etc. If the problem persists, I will break out my poof pen. Now play nice and argue this to the nth degree.

Taking off my moderator hat (that means anybody is free to disagree with this post after this sentence), my personal opinion is that bounties won't entirely eliminate any problem but they can help a lot. If the bounties are being paid out fraudulently, he whatever Game commission is paying the bounties out should start doing a better job of confirming the animal submitted meets the criteria. If somebody is fraudulently submitting an animal, then it should be a crime (may depend on how your state words the bounty laws) and prosecute the person. Killing all living creatures in a lake may work in some lakes but not necessarily in other water systems, such as a river. This procedure should also be a part of the solution. When any government simply says no to any possible partial solution to a problem, that agency is hamstringing their efforts to completely solve the problem.

Is this type of problem completely solvable? Probably not. It depends in part on catching people bringing illegal animals into our country and that seems to be a hit or miss proposition lately. Going back to the OP subject though, I personally think a bounty can be helpful if its' administered properly. It's like any other wildlife issue, first you study the problem and then figure out all of the proper steps to take to resolve the problem.