HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice for a new cold weather Parka?
Old 04-21-2020, 09:17 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

Now is certainly the time to buy cold weather gear from last year's stock. I have no idea if I purchased the MTO50 or not. But, my latest extreme cold weather gear came from a local Cabelas. I also don't know the exact size. I am sure it is XL at a minimum if not 2XL. I went to the Cabelas tried a bunch and purchased the one I liked. The Cabelas store has went severely downhill since BPS purchased the chain. Each has a store within the same metro area of St. Louis. Cabelas store left to fail in my opinion.

I realize the above is not much helpful advice. The additional $0.02 I have to offer, either search BPS or call Cabelas. Their operators are generally helpful. Other than being sold out of certain sizes, I find it hard to believe the MTO50 is available in medium and large sizes only. I just checked. Midway USA is a good store too.

I made a cheap Sportsman's Guide parka last a long time before I had disposable funds. Switched that one out for a set of Browning. Browning was quality gear. Switched Browning for my latest Cabelas parka and bids. Three sets in 35+ years of hunting.

The extreme outer gear I purchase is always waterproof. Why purchase anything else? It is also too insulated to wear while walking to the stand.