HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - have you been to your local gun shop or range lately?
Old 03-31-2020, 08:51 AM
Spike

Up here in Canada there it is very similar to what you are seeing down there. New buyers are coming out of the woodwork in droves and existing owners are stocking up on ammo and accessories. I overheard one guy asking the owner of the store to see a pistol and the owner asked to see his license and he responded - I do not have a license. The guys said then I cannot let you handle the firearm. The customer asked how to get a license and the owner said you need to take a weekend firearm safety course (2 days) and pass a written and practical test AND if he wants a pistol he needs to do an additional day for his restricted license and pass another written and practical test. BUT due to COVID-19 all courses have been cancelled until further notice. The customer asked if there was any other way to obtain one - from a gun show, or private sale.........at this point the owner lost it. He said NO.......there is no other way to obtain a gun in Canada. He said I do not know what you have been told by your Liberal friends but there are NO loopholes - the laws are pretty cut and dry. He went on to say that without a firearms license you cannot handle a gun, you cannot buy a gun, and you cannot buy ammunition, you can just look at them. Another customer down the counter chimed in and said 'if' you voted liberal, the same guy that wanted to ban certain guns, and how that you are here looking for one..........that is rich buddy!!

Fortunately my ammo order came in in January - delivered to my door!