HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ISO Freezer Cleanouts.
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:50 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I can understand your logic, but the bigger issue is this
WILD game animals are NOT hunted all yr or not by most legally!
its the WILD game side of things that makes them illegal to be sold, NOT just being un inspected meats !
Also, most any business that handles meats cannot LEGALLY give it to you, they are opening the door to a law suit if they did so!(yes it can happen, but its NOT something any up my way will do)

NEXT, Most hunter use what they kill themselves, and if meat is already getting spoiled or freezer burned, WHY would you want to feed it to your pet?
or questionable meats in general?
Dogs don't have cast iron stomachs, they can get sick and even die from eating BAD meats!
old meats can contain bacteria's and they can again make your pet sick or worse KILL it!

Next if you read anything on pet care, most will also tell you, its best to keep your pet on a consistent diet
been millions of dollars spent over the yrs on studies proving this too!
IMO< if you wanted to do your dog a favor, feed them GOOD fresh meats and try and keep there diet consistent and not relying on scraps and questionable meats from unknown folks!
your dog will most likely live a LOT longer for for you doing this!

OR start hunting and get the game you wish to feed it yourself!, hunting is not hard or costly , and almost anyone can do it!
and I mean all this as help NO bash here, just pointing out things maybe you didn;t think of!