HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pistol buy
Thread: Pistol buy
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 04:22 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

Is this for carry or range practice to familiarize yourself with handgun shooting? I recently purchased a Beretta PX4 storm compact that I fell head over heels with. The way the barrel/bolt are designed really reduces recoil so follow up shots are much quicker which is really good, and rare, in a compact carry pistol. It points naturally and comes to aim quickly for me. They aren't that expensive either. Lots of bang for your buck. I'm a fairly large guy so I can get away with full size pistol CC better than a lot of folks but I feel really comfortable with this little pistol riding IWB at 4 o'clock position. You may want to take a look at one at your local dealer/range and feel one for yourself. You should always do that with any handgun because if it doesn't fit, you won't shoot it worth a tinkers darn anyway. If slimmer and smaller is what you want, take a look at the S&W m&p 9 shield. Another sweet little pistol that rides like it isn't even there. I wasn't a striker fire guy at all until I shot it and the sig p320. Again, this is all dependent on if you plan this pistol to carry or to just use for home defense and range shooting. I own a 320 and have shot most in the M&P line and honestly the 320 is a better shooting pistol but not really by enough to matter. If you want to really make an M&P pop, drop an apex trigger upgrade in it and go to work. I dropped one in the shield and it made a world of difference in an already good shooting pistol.