HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Escaped Pig
Thread: Escaped Pig
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 02:51 PM
cmcelwee
Spike

Default Escaped Pig

Okay so the background of this story is I was set up under a tree about 36yd from a feeder this morning, decked out in camo with my cross bow. I got situated around 6:45-7:00am and was sitting there no more than 15min when I saw something black moving to my left. At first I thought it was a cow but the way it was walking and looked just didn’t seem like it was to me. As it moved around I could tell it was a big ol boar. I don’t know what I did to upset him but he just turned and started running right at me so I raised up my crossbow and shot the ol boy in the face. He squealed , spun around, and took off. So at 7:45 I got up and started my journey on the 800 acre lease to track him down and get my arrow back. I followed a steady blood trail for a little over 4 hours and covered 4.5 miles of track and STILL couldn’t find him. Around the 2-3 mile mark were big pools of blood and at the end was small small drops. I’m thinking he had run out of blood to drip. I then lost the blood trail and had to call of the search. My question to anyone who knows a lot about these animals is how far can one go with an arrow in its head and if I go back tomorrow or the next day will I see some scavenger birds flying above what I hope is the carcass?