HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mistakes Were Made
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by YOUG BUCK

THANK YOU! YES I WILL DO SOME TALKING TODAY OR FRIDAY! THANK YOU I NEVER THOUGHT THAT IF SAW IT I COULD CALL THE WARDEN! THANKS AGAIN

-YOUNG BUCK
your welcome,
, but keep in mind a dead deer isn;t meant to stay dead with its guts inside for long periods of time, so time is sort of important here, you need to be looking for it ASAP>
when planning a hunt you also need to have a plan to recover if things run off, its all part of being a ethical and good hunter!

this is also why many hunter s ask about recovering a deer off neighboring properties in advance of HUNTING SEASON< so, IF it happens, they are not behind the 8 ball , and having to rush to get access or??
its also a great way to get to know the local land owners and them you, some times can even lead to more land access to hunt
or if nothing gels,e it gets you a feel for what MIGHT happen if need be

as what would you do if this was a HUGE buck, over being a doe(since so many these days put more effort into big bucks than doe)
wouldn;t you like to know you could go after and NOT have to leave it to rot or be wasted, or someone else recovering it??
these are all lessons I have learned over the yrs,
its good to have a plan B for when things don't happen perfectly and trust me in hunting, anything can happen , deer don't always drop in sight or on the land you have permission to ONLY be on!
and not all states have the same laws allowing you to recover or not?
so best as they know ahead of time , never hurts to ask ! IMO, LOL

best of lick finding it and report back what happens here either way!