HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mistakes Were Made
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 08:01 AM
YOUG BUCK
Spike

Default Mistakes Were Made

Hello,
I was hunting yesterday and I had a doe pop out at 20 yards. This year I have seen more deer than ever, I have spent roughly 4 full days in a tree or two. I drew back on this doe and she didn’t present a shot I felt comfortable taking. When she did fully enter the clear cut she didn’t have a clue I was above her. She is a old doe I’ve had multiple encounters with with a very weird shrunken and blind eye. I was excited at the opportunity and released at 30 yards! She took off with the tracer sticking out of her hams on both sides. I couldn’t believe my shot! I thought she was frozen and content... my arm was straight and the string never snapped against my arm! She had taken 1-2 steps. I had learned from my previous mistake from that stand on letting a shoulder shot doe run out of my life! I chased he as she ran low and I saw her whole hind end was soaked in blood and I had a very strong blood trail! I followed it until the neighbors land. I later rewarded the trail of blood and found more as I was paying more attention! I am not sure but I think I must’ve clipped an artery as the blood trail was both splatters all over I could see the blood thick in someone’s yard and I think she had to bleed out with how much blood she lost and considering she had to have walked a full mile or two! I am contemplating going and asking but that could hit a soft spot too! Is it worth it? Any Tips or advice?