HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wood blind question.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:44 AM
WVDanimal
Spike

I prefabbed mine at home and assembled at the site. 4ft will be pretty tight once you get the walls on and chairs in. I went to 5x8 and it's plenty of room for my wife and 2 kids to join me. Also, pre-plan your window height according to the terrain and type of chairs and height of people that will be using it. My wife is not even 5' tall and has to sit on a pillow on the chair because I set the windows at a height suited for me even though it's primarily her blind. I did treated 6x6's and am 13' above ground level to the floor. 6' front wall and 5-8 back wall suits us short people well. I put it on a point of a ridge overlooking a deep valley below. If I could do it over, I would put the window toward the valley a little lower because it seems you're always inching closer to it to see down the steep slope. Basement encasement windows with light tint are outstanding for blinds. You can stand outside and barely see anything inside but it isn't too dark when deer watching from inside. After I got it in the air, I put metal siding on EVERYTHING. The flipping squirrels around here will eat anything wooden that isn't a tree! I even made a custom door handle out of a nice antler main beam, which last about a month. I may have gone a lil extreme with the carpet, insulation and paneling but she loves it and it keeps her and the kids comfortable no matter what the temps are outside.
Attached Images  

Last edited by WVDanimal; 12-12-2019 at 03:18 AM. Reason: add pic