HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 15x binos?
Thread: 15x binos?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 05:55 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DJfan
Thanks Gents.

My plan is to use them. Not trying to be sarcastic, but I use my 10x to glass, verify, etc. It's just getting to the point that 10x are not powerful enough. My eyes are not exactly 21 years old anymore.
I understand you plan to use them LOL
But the point is, do you look thru them for hours at a time, or just scan now and then, its a BIG difference in how much eye strain your going to get when you get into larger power optic's
as to get closer to proper eye relief and light, you need to get into LARGER sized lens and housing on the binocular's and that tends to add up to costs, making finding GOOD 10+ power binoculars on the higher end of the cost factor!
its the nature of the beast in glass and quality, and lesser quality glass and proper len's size, you end up with migraines and headaches if you use them a LOT
this is why I said what I said, and gather why the post below me also stated the same thing!
it comes down to HOW much use your going to use them, if, all you do again is scan now and then, OK<> cheaper one's and designs can be tolerated
if your going to spend 15-30 minutes or more at a time looking thru off and on all day, , your NOT going to be happy with most of the cheaper binoculars in the higher power range your looking for!
ask any professional guide that uses a spotting scope or binoculars a LOT, and you will get the same honest answer, you get what you pay for and if you use it often, its worth every penny to have the higher end glass

I do NOT Know how you plan to use them, , as you have not stated so?
we all use things differently at times, so, one size diesn't fit all, but GOOD glass is never going to be a BAD to own if you can afford it!
but cheap glass, can be wasted money pending your intended use!
buy once cry once comes to mind!