HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Predator hunting cartridges?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:36 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I started out Predator Hunting with my Browning .243 Rifle,cost of ammo and hide damage was my biggest factor into choosing a smaller Caliber Rifle that could shoot a smaller ballistic tip bullet and be easier on the hides/fur.

I'm using several different Calibers now and have had good success with each one and with the ballistic tips on a fast shooting Caliber most times the bullet will enter and expand without exiting and will cause internal damage and be a quicker kill.
CZ model 527 "Varmint" Rifle in a .204 using Sierra Blitz King 39 grain bullets.
Savage Axis bolt action model .223 using 55 grain Hornady bullets.

Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter bolt action .22 Hornet...thinking 35 grain ballistic tip Hornady ammo,,?

Theres several other Caliber Choices available that are just as good and the 3 I'm using.Another thing to consider is the noise level of the caliber Your using,most Predstor Hunters are using the Silencers/Cans so they can make multiple kills without scaring off multiple Predators or eliminating the chance of calling in another Predator right after the initial shot.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 12-01-2019 at 07:39 AM.