HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - corn price
Thread: corn price
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:30 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by farm hunter
Ok - I see
Feed corn isn't legal in NY as far as I know. I like to plant it and use the screening for stand access and the corn production for late season attraction - we can do that in NY. I'll see if NY has a Turkey Federation - I think I looked into it before and the seed was non RR - will check.
feed corn is NOT illegal in NY, odds are its the most planted type of corn in NY.
NOW baiting with it, MIGHT be pending what where and WHY your putting it out
MOST states DON"T consider standing corn BAIT too, but not 100% sure where NY stands on this
to join pheasants forever/NWTF, you can join online, don't need to have a brand near you to h=get the discounted seeds, BUT will have to go to where ever the nearest place is when the sale happens and pick things up.
I am in PA< and main guy I use is from NJ, 100+ miles away from me, , we have things set up, we meet at a neutral place half way, as he takes orders from several guys near me, making it worth while for him, to drive and help us out!

and yes standing corn makes for great shields and will get deer to enter a food plot way earlier in day time having it about things

for yrs I used to plant a 3 acre plot, do about 50 ft or so all around plot site in corn and then the rest in beans, be amazed how many deer would get into them beans in day time feeling safer with all that standing corn about them, and fast exits into cover if needed, and NO one ever knew I had beans inside too , unless they flew over the plot in a plane or now a days, darn drones??
got one snoopy neighbor now , that is always flying one over head(love to shoot that sucker down LOL) as its very annoying to have it above making the noises it does!
sort of feels like invasion of private spaces too IMO