HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just had a rather interesting discussion
Old 10-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Feels an awful lot like agist virtue signaling. Maybe I missed the part where you shared aspects of any interesting discussion with your fellow shooter? Could you not have asked if the shooter had tried anything before his new rifle? Could you not have shared respect for your fellow shooter by supporting the virtues of his cartridge? Could you not have offered to let the new shooter take a few shots with your rifle which obviously would have been a unique experience he might otherwise never have opportunity to take?

You know I doubt I would have done any of that and I have helped a lot of people in the shooting sports in my time both young and old, and still am. If a new obviously neophyte would start to tell me how my firearm was deficient I probably would have done the same thing as the OP. Had the neophyte asked questions I would have tried to help him understand however if he had proceeded to try to school me, I would have just smiled and ignored him like the OP did. The OP owed no courtesy to the neophyte since he knew it all!

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-19-2019 at 02:04 PM.