HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Bottom Pour Casting Pot
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Default New Bottom Pour Casting Pot

I already have 2 Lee 4-20 Bottom Pours that i use, Each Modified to pour BIG Muzzleloader Bullets, And each Designated to an Alloy, one is PURE LEAD ONLY, the other is 1-40 Alloy. This way I don’t have to deal with Emptying them to Change Alloy. This is NICE to be able to Switch Pots, instead of Melting, emptying, and Re Melting just to Change Alloy, This process takes 2 Hours or more. Now i can Simply Switch Pots

I came across a REALLY Good deal the other day on an Old, Yet Brand New in the box RCBS Pro Melt Pot, I have wanted one of these for a long time but couldn’t justify the nearly 400 Dollar Price tag they Cost, Fact is the MUCH Cheaper Lee 4-20 does the EXACT same thing. BUT, I got to good a Deal on this RCBS Pot to Refuse

This New pot will be for my 1-20, Maybe 1-16 Alloy. The first thing i did to this Pot was Modify the Spout by opening it to 3/32 Like my Lee’s So i can fill BIG 400 PLUS Grain Molds FAST, REALLY Fast. These RCBS Pro Melt Pots are Expensive, But they are REALLY NICE!! It has a Nice Heavy, Easily Adjustable Mold Guide to Hold the Big Heavy Steel molds so you don’t have to, They get tiring after awhile. I am looking forward to pouring some Bullets with this Thing