HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .45 Cal Green Mountain LRH (Jacketed Sabotless Test)
Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Idaholewis

I shoot a lot of Jacketed Sabotless that load like that (go down with no resistance) For target I don’t mind that a bit, That is how i want them with Jacketed Sabotless in my Sidelocks. I have had really good luck with Bullets that Load like that. But if I planned to hunt with one of these bullets I would need to Knurl them Between 2 Mill Files like Mike (Sabotloader) Shows in several Posts, This Creates “Lift” and the Bullet will Grab the Bore, I have tinkered with this VERY little, It is easy to Do, and doesn’t take a Lot to be effective.

I am curious how a .452 Loads in your Barrel? I have a Few Bullets I would like to see you try in your Barrel. Out of my 4 Fast Twist .45s that are Complete Rifles, i have 2 with Tighter Bores, My Rice 1:20 Twist is .449.5-.450, and my Green Mountain LRH is .451, With my other 2 being larger Bored at .452, My Knight Mountaineer, and Green Mountain 32” 1:18 Twist that i got from Ron.
Lewis I'm not exactly sure those Sierra were labeled correctly! I used my Starrett Calipers and got .450" and checked them with my micrometer and got just over .450" also. I believe the actual dia is .4505" and not .4515". I have a box load of T/C Shockwave bullets that mic .452" and they would not start into the bore with finger pressure. I ran one through my Lee .451" sizer die and it feels just right dragging across the lands. So I sized a few more and will take them out the next go around along with some 350 gr cast bullets also .451".