HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .45 Cal Green Mountain LRH (Jacketed Sabotless Test)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:48 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I shot those Sierras today (see my thread). They came from the factory at .4515" and they just fell down the bore. I got similar results as you as far as total group size (about 1 5/8"). But I think I'm going to try some .452" diameter bullets next time out. I believe .0005" won't make that big of a difference and may provide a bit more resistance.
I shoot a lot of Jacketed Sabotless that load like that (go down with no resistance) For target I don’t mind that a bit, That is how i want them with Jacketed Sabotless in my Sidelocks. I have had really good luck with Bullets that Load like that. But if I planned to hunt with one of these bullets I would need to Knurl them Between 2 Mill Files like Mike (Sabotloader) Shows in several Posts, This Creates “Lift” and the Bullet will Grab the Bore, I have tinkered with this VERY little, It is easy to Do, and doesn’t take a Lot to be effective.

I am curious how a .452 Loads in your Barrel? I have a Few Bullets I would like to see you try in your Barrel. Out of my 4 Fast Twist .45s that are Complete Rifles, i have 2 with Tighter Bores, My Rice 1:20 Twist is .449.5-.450, and my Green Mountain LRH is .451, With my other 2 being larger Bored at .452, My Knight Mountaineer, and Green Mountain 32” 1:18 Twist that i got from Ron.