HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Bullet Lube (IL Skunk Lube)
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 04:12 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mike Salyards
Nice big lube grooves. Is that one of Jims. I have a 500 gr Gov style that he made that puts the Lyman to shame.
This is an ACCURATE Mold. This Was a Horse Before the Cart deal I had a Vision, the Mold was made before the Barrel was done, The Barrel Builder did a GREAT Job on the Barrel and it shoots AWESOME, But the Bore Diameter came in WAY under what i really Wanted. I was hoping for .360-.361 Bore Diameter and Jim felt that is where it would be? But The Bore ended up being about .356.5, I am Shooting These Bullets Sized to .356, When i had the Mold Made i went off a .361 Bore, I can’t remember exactly now? But I believe these Bullets are Dropping from the Mold at .363, I Obviously have to Size them, i am Doing it in 2 Sweeps, .358 First, then .356, Definitely not ideal, But it works just fine. No different than the NUMEROUS .458-.459 Bullets we are Reducing to .450-.451, BUT if i had it to do over, I would have Waited til the Barrel was done, THEN had the Mold made so I could of Been more precise on the Bullet from Mold Diameter, I would have went .358 on his + Tolerance Window (Guaranteed to be at least .358, But could possibly end up .360) This would have been MUCH Better, Less Sizing needed the Better.

Last edited by Idaholewis; 09-04-2019 at 04:14 AM.