HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you had to start all over ...
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:55 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Excellent topic and question. Lot of fun to consider. Probably half the guns I own are because I want them, not because I need them although at one time or another, I used all of them. Mrbb makes a couple of excellent points as usual. Having more than 1 safe in different areas could save some of your guns by burglar(s) thinking you only have 1 gun safe and maybe not looking or have enough time to look for a 2nd or even 3rd safe, let alone steal or break into the additional safes. That is a very clever idea and concept. And getting a big fat check from the insurance company would make it a lot easier financially to buy more than just this list.

Defense--Glock 17 (current duty gun). I usually carry something smaller off duty but could adjust if needed.
Big game--270W for antelope to black bear.
Small game--Mossberg MVP 223.
Varmints--Ruger 10-22.
Competition--17 HMR but used for varmints also.
blackpowder--I own a single black poder rifle but have never shot it. With the money, I'd probably buy another 338WM for those once in a while elk and moose trips. I'd use it for grizzlies but those hunts just cost too much.
Anything additional that you need--At least one shotgun for turkeys and upland game, etc. Probably another Benelli Nova pump.

​​What are you buying, at a minimum, to get yourself back up and running?
For a "minimum," I'd need the Glock 17, 270, 223 and 12 gauge.