HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you think this product is needed?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:02 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
Why is it dumb? How many law enforcement and military lives have been lost in crossfire situations? If somehow this technology can be integrated in bullet proof vest, it would have an instant market I believe. Hunters could use them at hunting clubs, leases where members would have to wear such vest and there weapons posses the technology that makes it work.
and then what happens when criminals wear them?
sadly, all things like this, end up being used in the wrong way.

Gun safety is a basic thing that can prevent accidents,
KNOW your target 100% before point a gun at it!
treat every gun as loaded, and LEARN basic gun common scene and safe handling, will prevent most all SO called accidental shootings!
I do not see something like this, from preventing say a KID getting access to a gun, or a person with NO gun training or knowledge from stopping to shot a person by ACCIDENT or other wise
gun owners are a small percentage of humans on this planet, , so that means MOST would never be wearing any device to STOP a gun from being fired at them!

if you think a Vest like this will prevent a stray bullet in a combat or like shooting, your NUTS, it just might end up getting more folks killed when you cannot stop a threat!
in combat and war times and the likes Innocent folks will always be a possible outcome, sadly, its the nature of that beast!
a device like the above would NOT help the random casualty from stray bullets, as again, MOST all average folks wouldn;t be wearing the devise in the first place!

I won't call the idea stupid, I just think it would never work out , to many flaws in the idea!
and honestly, I think the world is always trying to reinvent things to solve simple problems by making complicated devices.
as again,m BASIC< gun safety prevents accidental shootings if the steps are followed!
I have NEVER seen a person in all my yrs hunting/living that looked like a turkey or a deer? or a TARGET!
and thus, I have NOT accidentally shot anyone because of being 100% sure of my targets, and the same can happen for ANYONE that follows this simple gun safety rule, NO device needed!
be a responsible gun owner and follow basic safety rules and accidents will be a LOT fewer!