HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone wearing Muck Boots?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

I have owned several pair through the years. I originally bought a lite weight pair for working around the yard and liked them. I bought a pair of woody max for late season deer hunting in the snow and found them much better than LaCrosse. Here in Northern Vermont rubber boots are used by most hunters due to snow and cold conditions. I needed a warm pairr of boots for ice fishing and used the woody max for that. I found they had an even warmer pair called Arctic Pro and I have owned 3 pair now. I get an average of 3 years out of them before they start to crack which is a year longer than the LaCrosse and 2 years longer than the Cabelas brand. The last pair I bought are the camo version and I will see how the rubber holds up. The extreme cold and constant sunlight does break them down over time.They are very warm and not too bulky so it is easy to get ice creepers to fit. I use the Kahtoola Micro Spikes which is the best ice creeper I have found. The mucks are expensive but when you need a good warm waterproof boot they are worth the money.