HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best rangefinder for bow hunting ??
Old 06-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mrbb
for bow hunting all you need a is a range finder that read to a 100 yards or so, there is ZERO need to spend a ton of cash on one that can read out to a 1000+yards,
IMO for bow hunting , look for larger Objective lens and of a lower magnification, as then odds are it will work best in lower light, be FASTER on target giving a wider field of view!
For archery hunting the above is right on the money, I bought a Halo, a less expensive range finder because I rarely shoot at deer beyond 60 yards where I hunt, I ranged my elk last year at 150 yards and hit her exactly where I was aiming. If you do long range shooting, obviously you will need a better more expensive range finder. I have stood side by side with a couple of guys with very expensive range finders and we were within a a couple of yards of each other out to 250 yards. I did not compare mine further than that because I doubt I will ever shoot even that far.