HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rem. Sendero
Thread: Rem. Sendero
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 01:23 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

OK
honestly IMO< if your planning to get into long range shooting/hunting, this rifle is ideal for this and is a awesome longer range rifle , the weight will be there but is a benefit when shooting afar
and this caliber IMO is a better one for far out there than the 7 mm mag, , there is SO much data on this caliber as having been used in military for so many yrs for long range work, data and load and bullets options are endless
NOT bashing the 7mm mag, its a great caliber, but if I was planning to shoot far, between these calibers, the 300 win mag wins hands down
(I'd prefer a 300 ultra mag myself LOL )
but its hard to beat a 300 mag again due to its history and info on it for afar shooting. ammo is about every where for it too if ever needed, brass is easy to find as well(and cheaper than a 300 ultra mag too )

but if your planning again to shoot afar, 500+ yards or more, this is a GREAT rifle to get started with, you will NOT be disappointed IMO with it,
at 800 bucks, its NOT cheap again unless its the II, version of it, , but 800 isn't bad
finding a good used one shouldn;t be that hard , if you look, and could save you 300+ bucks for just a rifle in the sendero model!, and odds are very few people ever shoot a rifle all that much to wear one out, heck most used rifles like this, you'd be lucky if the old owner shot a 100 rounds out of them IF that! LOL
back when I sold guns, I used to HEAR all the plans so many had when buying a rifle, , planned to shoot it a LOT, get into long range and or planning trips out west, and then a few yrs later be selling me back the rifle almost new in the box yet LOL
as life so many times gets in the way and all them plans, well , never turn out as planned !