HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hypothetical never happen question?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:16 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

the way I see it, it all comes down to the state your in, the folks in the bank backing or NOT your side of events, and who has the better lawyer, you or the bad guys family!
HOW bad the press wants to make you into a villain or a hero too will be a HUGE after in today's media basis world!
the question I might have to ask and one many might want to consider before doing ANYTHING< is, this
DO you really want to find out how much of a legal fight your in, over giving up your wallet or not?
as deciding to Harm/stop the robbery, is a decision only YOU have to make, and the pretty well know consequences of your actions can be a world of aggravation and expense!, and who know's what metal side effects it could have on you too, or others about you that witness such a event!
don't kid yourself, many a MEN think they can kill and be fine and some can, and some cannot !
come to find out robber fell on hard times, trying to support a dozen kids or?? and now dead over your wallet< might come back to harm you
Humans make mistakes, even criminals are humans, and I am NOT defending a crook here by any means, just saying
till the whole story plays out, your decision can have a LOT of different endings and many won't be god for you>
ending a robber is one of them things that I think many see as a positive, and some times they can be, but they can also go the other way real fast!
so, comes down to YOU and what costs are you willing to endure to stop a robber< or just comply and let the law handle things?
and I will add this, I am personal friends with a lat of law enforcement folks
I know many that HAD to shoot a person on the job, and they have issue's pending till the day they leave the dept they work for, as after they do, they can be sued in cival court by the BAD guys? most cased would be a no brainer deal, but its a added costs and aggravation and well, not as easy as many would think,!!
food for thought!