HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does it typically cost to rent a UTV (side by side)?
Old 04-07-2019, 01:16 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

yes that offers a better idea on your needs
some other info I will mention
odds of finding a place that rents UTV's in Indiana are going to be far and few, as the state is not one of the most ATV/UTV friendly places
very limited public lands are about that allow use of them in general, NOT just for hunting, but in general use
so not sure if your planning to hunt private lands or public, as this will make a HUGE difference in how a ATV/UTV/truck or like vehicle can be used on the land
I have a whole bunch of health issue's myself, so I can relate
I personally tend to hunt private land , and have permission from land owners to use an atv to recover downed game animal, or carry in treestands and or the likes ,
these are things you c an do too, BUT it requires you to OWN AN atv, and NOT just rent one
MANY farms I hunt, the farmers have ATV"s they either let me use and or will help on recovering game too if needed, if I DIDN"T take my atv with me!
so this too is something you an also try and set up when finding places to hunt
if you never hunted in Indiana , and all your hunting has been done in Idaho, your going to be in for a BIG change in things
just just lack of public lands your used to and how much smaller they are in Indiana , is going to be a shock to you I think LOL

a good used 4x4 atv can be had for a decent price if you shop right, and be a better investment than just renting one for a few days every season,a s the costs to rent will add up real fast!
I know it doesn;t sound cheap, but when the difference is getting out to hunt and NOT due to limits you have, its money well spent by many's views!