HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I champion the use of dogs afield for all kinds
Old 04-05-2019, 02:37 AM
Dave_Preston
Spike

Lightbulb I champion the use of dogs afield for all kinds

of hunting wherever it is allowed by law and the dog is not in imminent danger of getting shot by canine-haters, including trigger-happy game wardens . A hound or bird dog makes for a warm companion afield as well as a great conservation tool to retrieve downed/wounded game, recover lost wounded game and possibly prevent wounded game in the first place by getting the hunter close for a decisive kill. A pack of hounds on a traditional former-Confederate-State deer push makes for a fast and efficient venison-getting machine much the way a farmer's combine harvester mows down the wheat fast. Still all such deer taken easily down South in wholesale fashion is still legal where dogs are permitted to thin the herds for conservation as long as the hunters are legal and proper. The deer are so populated they are in no danger of becoming extinct even with all the traditional hound pressure any time before the next Ice Age.

I could never see the logic of the American states to prohibit the use of free-run dogs on hoofed game (deer, wild sheep, elk, moose, buffalo, mountain goats, pronghorn) outside the South, could you?

Last edited by Dave_Preston; 04-05-2019 at 03:00 AM.