HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which one is "The One?"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 10:19 PM
buffybr
Typical Buck

Although I was the 5th generation of my family in Colorado, I am the first hunter. But two of my prized "trophies" are a picture of my Great-Great Grandfather with Kit Carson, and a pair of beaded moccasins that belonged to Chief Ouray of the Utes that Ouray gave to my G-G-Grandfather in exchange for a "tin of biscuits."

As for hunting trophies, I've been fortunate enough to have had many great hunts in Colorado, Montana, and more that a half dozen foreign countries. I used to have a lot of wildlife pictures and paintings on the walls of my house, but I have had to move them to the basement, to make room for the many mounts from many of my hunts. I've also been lucky enough to have taken some exceptional animals, but I think "The One" animal over all the others would be the Caribou that I shot in 2017 in Quebec. I had him scored for Boone & Crockett and I was very surprised and honored to have him invited to the 30th B&C Award Ceremony this August in Springfield, MO.

He, along with all of the other animals that are invited to this ceremony, will be on display from May to August in Bass Pro's World Wildlife Museum in Springfield, MO, and will be featured in the 30th Edition of the B&C Awards Book.

Last edited by buffybr; 03-17-2019 at 11:35 PM.