HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So is the Vortex Venom any better than the Burris Fastfire 3?
Old 02-14-2019, 02:26 AM
Mata
Spike

Default So is the Vortex Venom any better than the Burris Fastfire 3?

I'm need of 2 optics:1-for a 22/45 pistol and 1-for my SBR CZ Scorpion. I have one Burris Fastfire 3 that use to live on the 22/45; I would like something similiar sized to put back on it. I plan on buying an Aimpoint or something similary high end for the Scorpion but think I should wait for Black Friday or Xmas sales being they aren't too far away. In the meantime, I figured I could buy a RDS suitable for the 22/45 and run it on the Scorpion until I find a deal or sale on a higher end optic.

So that leads to my debacle; Burris Fastfire 3 or Vortex Venom. Both are similar sized, both have similar warranties, and both come in the 3MOA dot I'd want.

-So what's the big diff between them?
-Glass on one any better than the other?
-Does the Vortex remember the last brightness setting it was on and return to that? This would be a selling point to me being they are similar sights...
-How is the auto adjust setting on the Vortex? I HATE it in the Burris(didn't mind the RMR's for what that's worth).
Any reason to buy one over the other or buy the cheaper?

Side note: I have an astigmatism and tend to use my Burris on the lowest brightness level(which works fine thus far). I do know the Vortex has more brightness levels which could be useful.